ROGER HATCHUEL STUDENT ACADEMY 2023
ABOUT THE ROGER HATCHUEL STUDENTS ACADEMY
The Roger Hatchuel Student Academy is a 6 day global learning experience at Cannes Lions International Festival of
Creativity designed for students approaching graduation. Since 2003, the Academy has been inspiring the next generation of creative leaders by giving them the tools, knowledge and connections they need to explore different creative avenues and launch their careers in the advertising and creative communications industry.
1. Create a 2-minute video showing who you are, how you are creative and why you deserve a space on the Cannes Lions Roger Hatchuel Student Academy.
2. Visit the submission page here, complete the form with your personal
details and upload your CV saved as PDF and your video saved as MP4.
3. The submission password will be sent to you by email
4. Deadline for submission is 11:59pm GMT +1 on 6 March 2023
5. If you need further assistance or clarification, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• 18 - 23 years old nearing graduation
• Interested in perusing advertising and creative communications
• Personality : Evidence of being a creative thinker, curiosity, a leader, entrepreneurial nature,
storyteller, culturally in tune with society, the industry and current affairs
• Community impact / solving problems in the community, schools or families
• Diversity : The Cannes Lions School aspires to be a talent incubator of creative potential that is
fully represented. We strive to create a learning environment that is not just diverse by country,
but also diverse in thought, gender, experience, culture, and socioeconomic status.
• Fluent English speaker: Able to confidently contribute to class discussions in English
• permission to attend full course from Sunday 18 - Friday 23 June, 2023
Students will be judged on the following 4 criteria:
1. Creativity (25%)
2. Suitability for course (level of English, personality, understanding of RH values) (25%)
3. Video (presentation, editing, flow) (25%)
4. Story / storytelling (25%)
The Academy program is led and curated by industry experts. The sessions and topics students will explore
are designed to help them launch their career and get a head start in the industry.
The program includes workshops and interactive
activities designed to bring
learning to life and leave students with practical takeaways.
An opportunity to learn first-hand from major industry luminaries in a private classroom setting. Students will ask them their burning
questions and learn how they got to the top.
Students will gain new
perspectives and unpack
each session as they
participate in daily debriefs guided by their Programme Leaders
Complete access to the
Cannes Lions Festival where they will be inspired by award-winning work, hear from premier speakers, and can attend the awards shows and networking events.
Benefits of Attending
What Students Walk Away With
The Academy transforms lives. The programme deeply impacts
attendees, leaving students with a greater understanding of
themselves, their vocation, those around them and the industry at large putting them miles ahead of their peers.
Uncover different creative avenues. Discover the art of storytelling, ideation and creative agility. Learn to solve a brief in 48h. Perfect your pitch and how to network.
Grow your confidence and learn to lead. Develop creative bravery and find your voice. Discover your passions and how to be yourself in all you do.
Grow Your Network
Connect to a global network of like minded peers, speakers, classroom mentors, award winning creatives and over 16,000 Festival delegates. Some of these will become life long friends, trusted advisors and business partners.